Thursday, August 5, 2010

Carolyn Westbrook: News from the plantation

O.K. y'all... It is getting harder and harder to keep our pinky swears about taking full advantage of summer with it over 100 degrees every day. We are just going to have to enjoy the outdoors in the morning and take full advantage of the whirrrr of the ceiling fans and the air conditioners in the afternoon. Preferably while laying across a feather bed, with the fan blowing directly on you, while flipping through your favorite magazines. Speaking of which, loved Jacqueline Demontravel's story of giving birth to her son, in this month's copy of Romantic Homes. She is a fabulous editor-n-chief and know that she will make a fabulous mother, and sounds like she if off to a good start, and I am proud to call her my friend.

O.K. now for the big news...just found out that the new book, was chosen for the publisher's weekly list. So, I am thinking, I guess everyone's book is on that list, but still exciting.

Then Marny called to inform me that only one book from each publisher made the list and I honestly could not believe it. There is no way that I could have done it without the help of so many talented people and I love you all.
I cannot wait to see the finished product and they spoke with me today, from London to say that I should get one copy of a very few preview copies on Monday or Tuesday. I will be waiting out by the side of the road for the courier, even in the hot sun. I wish that everyone could be here and open that envelope with me. Since we cannot do that, next best thing...meet me at one of the book signings, and we can all enjoy the moment together. Hoping that I make you proud. Check my website for locations, dates, and times for signings all over the U.S.
XOXO Carolyn
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Carolyn!! What wonderful news. Congratulations on being chosen for this honor! I'm just so anxious to get my hands on this book, I just cannot wait!
I know you're enjoying your summer, but I can imagine you're gearing up for a busy and fabulous fall!
xo,
Debra

Tamra said...

I can't wait to get this book!!!

Hope you make to the Central Coast of California, girlie!

Congrats!

red.neck chic said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stalking the mail man daily awaiting the arrival of your book... LOLOL

;-) I'm so excited for you!!! Have a fantastic week-end of celebratin'!!!

robelyn

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

This is exciting news for sure! You want me to bring lemonaide and wait with you by the mailbox? I'll have my hubby fan and shade us with the umbrella while we wait :)

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

where do I get your book I have your first book and as you know it is one of my favs... xox Laura