Friday, August 14, 2009

Carolyn Westbtrook in Romantic Country magazine

So, here I am perusing the isles of Barnes and Noble. Actually, I was standing at the magazine isle, then I was sitting, I was there for quite some time, as this is my mothership. You cannot get this in Corsicana, TX. I love Barnes and Noble. Every kind of magazine in the world, from around the world, and I had not even hit the decorating book section, yet. This is my idea of heaven. Anyway, looking through the Romantic Country, and there is one of my good customers, Candy Moger, and there is our signature bedding and pillows in the shot of her bedroom. LOVE IT! There was more...she loves our lampshades, and sure enough they were there in the living room shot, along with more pillows. Looking great, Candy! You know, I saw Jo Packham a few months ago, she is the author for the "Where Women Create" book that I was in. Now she is heading up the "Where Women Create" magazine. She showed me a copy, and I was very impressed. I was flipping through and saw Candy in that magazine, and I was surprised. Turns out Jo knows her well. I have spoken with Candy many times, and always fun to see a face to put with the voice.
Then, kept looking and saw our friends, Robin and John, from Magnolia Pearl. A feature on their wedding was in this issue.
Just when you think it cannot get any better, then I see an article on one of our California customers, Lucy Torres from the Paris Flea Market.
Happy to see that this magazine was filled with some top talent and of course, I bought it.
I could not find Jo's new issue of Where Women Create. I was disappointed about that because it is really good. We are going to try and work on something together for the magazine, hopefully we will be able to put something together.
I continued on with my hunt for more fabulous magazines. The other issue I liked, was House and Garden. Completely different from this style, but I do love diversity.
I am sitting there tearing through these magazines, one after another, I am in my element. People come and go, and here I am, still there, having the time of my life. Does not take much for us, does it girls. Just
give us a fabulous selection of inspirational magazines, and we are in Heaven.
I did eventually make it up to the book section. I like the book, Blue and White. I know it has been out a while, but the photography in that book is excellent and I am a fool for blue and white. It is so crisp and clean.
There are many books here, including the "Where Women Create" book, which we are fortunate enough to grace the cover of...it is really weird to go into a book store and see your own stuff. Also, the, "Vintage Vavoom" book was front and center, which I was lucky enough to be a part of, which made me feel really special.
So, all in all, a great day at the Barnes and Noble. You gotta love Barnes and Noble. There is just something about that store, that you do not find anywhere else. It is so peaceful and calming, and the smell of coffee wafting through the air is devine. Makes you want to go have some, even in the middle of August, even if youre not a coffee drinker. Finally, had to go before my family sent out a search party.
Thinking about books on the way home and wanted to share a secret...
There is a new book coming out called William Yeoward: Entertaining...I was able to get a sneak peek from the publisher and it is a wonderful book. More about how I got a sneak peek, when I have more to tell, but keeping my fingers crossed. In the mean time, get out to your Barnes and Noble, and Enjoy...I did!
XOXO Carolyn
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I have this mag and will have to go back and look at these pics again. I know what you mean about B&N. The last time we were in Dallas I told my husband, I could spend hours there... He said good I'll come back and pick you up later, I gave him that look, but secretly I thought you know if he did drop me off I would be in book heaven!

trash talk said...

I had bought that issue because another friend, Cheryl at www.cherylsfascinatingfinds.blogspot.com was in that issue. I was so happy to see Tony and Lucy's home as well. It was like getting two for the price of one!
Debbie

debi lynn mattingly said...

So glad to hear that you are seeing your LOVELY work everywhere...especially when you are not expecting it! :)

Well, even though you don't live in Houston....your beautiful bed displays and pillows are shown in my store on our commercial! Which is seen on HGTV, Lifetime, Bravo and the Food Network! I know it is not in a magazine for people to be able to "look at whenever they want"...but, now you can also know that your lovely work is on TV!

xo...deb