Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Carolyn Westbrook: Field Trip



Ladies...and gentleman too, it is time to confirm those hotel reservations for the upcoming Warrenton/Roundtop Antique Extravaganzzza! Get ready to get that car packed up and hit the road, because in three weeks, it is time for the biggest ANTIQUE show on earth! I will be posting important info, like the dates, which is 9/25/2009-10/3/2009, so important to know when to come. This show goes for miles and includes several towns, and different shows, open different days. I always recommend getting there early, especially at our shop, the early bird gets the best stuff to choose from. We open on Friday, 9/25/2009.
When you come in on 237 just keep on coming til you get into Warrenton, and look for the ZAPP HALL sign. You will see a Diamond Shamrock station...I recommend pulling in there and you can park in the parking lot in the back. This is a pretty central location.

I have enclosed a shot of Gina and I shopping at Warrenton. I love Warrenton because there are deals to be had, out in the fields. You never know what you will find. I think that Zapp Hall is the best field, and that is why, that is where you will find me. We have a little cottage there and a Big Tent, that is filled to the brim with all of our Carolyn Westbrook Home bedding, pillows, lamps, lampshades, slipcovers, and home accessories. THESE ARE AT WHOLESALE PRICES (DURING THE SHOW ONLY)Not to mention our fabulous one-of-a-kind antique treasures that we find along the way. We are known for creating an entire environment with slipcovered sofas, cabinets filled with ironstone, wonderful paintings and antique prints, so that our customers really can have a one-stop shop to decorate the rooms in their homes. We have done all the work and put it all together from antique iron beds, bedding, night stands, mirrors, wall art, cabinets, whatever you need. We have antique cabinets, harvest tables, all sizes and kinds of tables this trip, along with a primitive workbench, French bistro set (black and white), metal patio furniture, some pink, some cream with our signature Carolyn Westbrook Home cushions in coordinating pink, cream or green florals and stripes to match. It appears as a room setting when we are finished, with all of the work already done. Of course, we have Ironstone platters, dishes, and such, along with trophy cups, antique books, and anything that we think makes for the perfect combination.

I have included a list (Above)of things that you will want to bring on your junkin adventure in the gorgeous Texas Hill Country! So, get a sitter for the kids, the dog, the cat, the husband ( or bring him along) anything that is holding you back, cause you gotta come.


Not to be missed, this trip...we will feature some special pieces of our new CWH line of linen clothing. These will be a must have... in colors like chocolate brown, oatmeal, white, midnight, and moss, you are gonna love these and they are special! After the shopping...

Zapp Hall features Royers Cafe, where you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine, beer, or good 'ol southern tea in the beer garden, while you listen to live music! Let's not forget a glass of bubbly at the champagne lounge. The food at Royer's is to die for, especially the pie! They have the best shrimp BLT that you have ever had, if you've ever had one. I think it is a Royer's creation. It is the ultimate in gourmet comfort food, all enjoyed in the ambience, while gathering with your buds, showing off your finds! Hello...does it get any better?
We stay up til whenever, having show and tell and last year Gina even furnished a craft project for our late night get-together.


Check out local hotels in Brenham TX. to find accomodations.
Hope we will see you there!
XOXO Carolyn
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow! It sounds like perfection! How I wish I could come...

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I was thinking of you today since I'm wearing my linen pants I bought from you and was wondering if you'd have different ones that I can get this Fall, well of course you will, I should have known better. Won't be long, see you soon!

Anne Lorys said...

What a timely post this is! Just a couple of days ago, I was asking the more seasoned bloggers to send me a survival guide of sorts for Warrenton...it will be my first trip. Thanks so much for sharing this info with us....saving it, printing it, taking it with me!
~ Anne

Lisa said...

Carolyn,
I am sooo excited, this will be my first time to the show. I will be the one buying linens and asking you to sign my C.W. Home book!
Lisa

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Carolyn, I'm coming all the way from Montreal for two days, so I'll definitely be seeing you at Zapp Hall! I am SO excited, you cannot imagine!

Charlene said...

After you & I chatted online I got hot on it & found a place to stay. I will tell you that was NO EASEY THING! But, I have a place to sleep for 4 nights(not sure there will be much sleeping from the sounds of your Post) & I can't wait. Thanks for the updates & keep um comming girlfriend! :)

Mindy said...

What a great post! I'm looking forward to seeing your space and visiting with you. We'll be neighbors at Zapp, ya know? ~Mindy

debi lynn mattingly said...

Okay...what is "T" talkin' about regarding "LINEN" pants????? Are you holdin' out on me girlfriend! :)

See ya soon! xo...deb