Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Carolyn Westbrook: Snow, Snow Go Away

Hello All.

O.K. I was thinking that we lived in Texas so that we didn't have to deal with the snow. I took a bunch of beautiful images the last time, and we liked it for a day, then we are wishing for 75 degree nights. It's all fun the first five minutes with snowball fights, snow ice cream and snow men, then it is a wet, cold, sloppy mess that leaves the kids home from school, bored out of their minds, and tracking in wet, melted snow and mud, every 5 seconds. Is anyone out there with me on this???

Thank goodness that our photo shoot ended on Saturday night. We had some really great sunshiny days last week and got some great photography. Now I am frantically writing text as my deadline is quickly approaching.

The snow is coming down again today like gangbusters and then melting and making a slushy mess. Canton is this week and hoping to get out and look around. Think about this...less than 4 weeks to Roundtop/Warrenton show.
Amazing how fast time flies and so looking forward to the greatest show on earth

Trying to talk my photographers into showing up for the show from NYC. They have shot it for Country Living many times, but thinking that they would see a different side from the ZAPP HALL location, as it is a great time and a great place.

Hope that all of you will get to come and see it for yourselves. As I sit and look at the snow fall, I can only dream of the Spring wildflowers and hanging out with all my friends as we go junkin through the fields and of course meeting lots of new friends!
XOXO Carolyn


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

It's so beautiful there at your place. Too bad all the other stuff comes with it! Sounds like you have a busy schedule coming up. Have fun and here's to better weather!
Debra

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Gorgeous photos, Carolyn! One of these years I hope to join my friend Debbie (junkin yaya) and maybe see what all the fun is about.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I am so laughing at you, I can just picture you telling them to WIPE THEIR FEET before they come in, too funny!!

Agnes Maria said...

Ohhh! what a wonderful photos and what a gorgeous blogg! so glad a find you !
Where can i buy your books ?? i living i Sweden.
Have a nice day.
Åsa

debi lynn mattingly said...

Isn't it amazing how we can both live in the same state...yet just a few hours away---and we didn't get a speck! ;) Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in, but ya'll being from up "north" Texas and all. LOL

By the way, you still have my old link..that is why it is never changing. Will see you at the show! xo...deb