Friday, October 29, 2010

Carolyn Westbrook: Live from NYC

That's right, NYC....can you believe it. Things have been a whirlwind lately. First, off to Atlanta to do the Country Living book signing at Stone Mountain and then hopped a plane back home to head to NYC with Victoria and Robert, my licensing agent. It was Victoria's 21st birthday and what better way to celebrate than Times Square?

I have so much to catch up on and will post pics of the Country Living show in Atlanta later. I met a lot of great people there, as usual.

We got to NYC and picked up in a limo (which Victoria loved) and off to the hotel...now that's something that doesn't happen everyday and we enjoyed every minute of it. I was there for some meetings, but we managed to get in some free time.
A long time friend of mine, who grew up in New York told me to go to a place for dinner...Frankie and Johnny's for steak. He said if it was not the best steak that I have ever eaten then he would buy. Well...I happen to think that Royer's has the best steak that I have ever eaten, and have a loyalty to the family. Well...they brought out a Porterhouse for two, sliced off the foot long bone, cooked to perfection...no doubt the best steak that I have ever had. We had to leave half of it there, we could not begin to eat it all. Then off to see Chicago, (the musical not the city) which was fantastic. The next morning there were meetings and after that, I told Victoria we had to head to ABC Carpet and Home. I will post pics of that in the next post. All I can tell you is that it lives up to the hype. It was fantastic. It was my mothership. Unbelievable!!!! For women and guys like us...you gotta go. You are going to be drooling. Here are a few shots that I took along the way of the city. Times Square has changed drastically and the Toys R Us with the 3 story ferris wheel was unbelievable.


As you can see...lots of police everywhere and we felt totally safe there. It was amazing and they are not kidding...the city that never sleeps. At midnight the stores are open and people are shopping like it is a Saturday afternoon.















Here is some shots of some of the musicals playing on Broadway.
Still have not been to the Polo store yet....maybe next time.
Iwish that we could have all been there together to see the ABC store...but I took a bunch of pics, so it is like you were there.
Will post more pics as soon as I can!!!!

xoxo Carolyn
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

New York is a fabulous city! Enjoy...

Judy