Sunday, November 15, 2015

Carolyn Westbrook: Soup's On Sunday



Here it is, already November. Hard to believe that we will soon be celebrating the holidays. Today I'm posting my recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Soup, which is my daughter Alexandria's favorite soup. Well, it might be a toss up between potato soup and this one. She does love thick and hearty soups. Ok, ok...I know that I said that I did not like thick soups, but I guess I must rethink that because I love this one. This soup is absolutely delicious and one that I think that you will love. It is filled with lots of good vegetables, with sweet carrots, onions, and celery and of course the star of the show, broccoli, which is smothered in an amazing cheesiness. Some people call for cheddar, but being from the South, you know we all love a hunk of Velveeta.

It is looking like fall here in Texas, finally. It is still warm though, which I am savoring. I like the cooler weather in the evening, but still enjoying the temps. in the 70's during the day. We are still getting plenty of squash and peppers from the garden which is so good for fall dinners. I have said before, how much I love Thanksgiving and all of the decorating with fall branches, leaves and pumpkins from our garden. Pumpkins line the steps up to the back porch and sit in urns on the front, adding a happy bright orange color to our fall décor. Time to pull out the cozy blankets, plaid throws and warm blankets for the chill that comes at night fall. I love to throw a plaid throw across a tabletop and have a centerpiece of pumpkins and fall leaves that would look beautiful as you serve a bowl of delicious soup for supper. Y'all enjoy!
xo
Carolyn

No comments: